10 Ways To Winterize Your Home
- Change dirty furnace filters
- Run ceiling fans in reverse – circulating air back into the living space can cut your heating costs by as much as 10%
- Caulk and weatherstrip – simple leaks can really zap your home’s efficiency.
- Winterize water lines
- Disconnect outdoor hoses
- Turn down water heater temperature – Lowering the temperature to 120 degrees F (or lower) would reduce your water heating costs by 6% to 10%.
- Get a heating system tune-up by HVAC professional
- Consider a window insulation kit for your windows – you may qualify for federal tax credit covering 30% of the cost up to $1,500 (check with your tax professional for details).
- Insulate your pipes – you may qualify for federal tax credit covering 30% of the cost up to $1,500 (check with your tax professional for details).
- Seal the ductwork – Properly sealing ducts can save the average home up to $140 annually, according to the American Solar Energy Society.
If you would like a no-obligation, Home Insurance Cost and Coverage Comparison, please contact any of our agents at https://mymutual.net/for-an-agent-near-you/