8 Ways to Protect Yourself Online
- Do not use your social security number as a username or password
- Always log off your online sessions when finished
- Change your usernames and/or passwords regularly
- Avoid storing your passwords on your Smartphone where it could be discovered if stolen
- Keep personal information private even (or especially!) on Social Media
- Never open unsolicited emails or emails from friends if they look suspicious. Call first.
- Only use SECURE websites for purchases. Address should read https and not just http
- Use the phone lock function in the event your phone is lost or stolen.